This practical based half day course considers the immediate needs when assessing and managing the collapsed patient and provides the candidate with a clear awareness of the issues associated with promoting and maintaining safe working practice.
Candidates will be able to manage patients in cardiac arrest until assistance arrives whilst maintaining a safe environment. The session will consider both theoretical requirements and practical ability to effectively carry out correct basic life support technique as per current legislation.
As an introduction to First Aid the session will provide a greater awareness of the principles and effective management of burns, bleeding, shock, choking, anaphylaxis and dealing with emergency situations.
This training is suitable for all staff
- • Assessment Criteria – patient and environment
- • Management of the collapsed patient
- • Review of the theoretical aspects of Basic Life Support
- • Principles of risk assessment
- • Recovery Position
- • Basic Life Support technique and demonstration
- • Ability to treat and manage a bleed, burn, shock, choking and emergency situations
- • Practical session and assessment
- • Role and responsibility
- Demonstrate an understanding of the principles and underpinning knowledge required to undertake correct Basic Life Support Practice and basic First Aid
- To safely apply knowledge and skills in practice
This course will be attended by
• Staff requiring annual update of skills and knowledge
• Individuals wishing to revisit own professional development and competence
• Appointed persons
On completion of this half day training event candidates will receive a Training Certificate of Attendance
BICSc London & Home Counties Christmas Event at Wimbledon Dog Track.
Sponsorship for the event is available from £125 and includes:
- Entry into Cleaning Matters magazine on the review page for the event with your logo, contact details and 100 words.
- A race will be named after your company.
- Company name printed in the racing post.
- Company announced on intercom.
- Company to present prize to the winning dog.
- One ticket for the event.
- Single pull up banner to be displayed.